LIS 6.90% 13.5¢ li-s energy limited

How many people travel to the desert in their cars? Next to none...

1. 1,125 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1054
    How many people travel to the desert in their cars? Next to none as a percentage of the total population, and not a large percentage of cars.

Despite your obvious political bent, which no one is interested in, EVs will penetrate the market.
    It's a no-brainer for most drivers; many can power it from their rooftops for free. It doesn't require oil and has significantly fewer moving parts, so servicing is minimal if needed at all. It will increasingly become a backup battery to power your home in the evenings, which is great for people like me who aren't interested in paying extremely high energy prices. If you know you aren't going on a big trip tomorrow, you can use the power you stored in your car at night. So, financially, an EV will be cheaper for most households over the long term than running a petrol car and save them money on their electricity bills.

Regardless of my opinions, the proof is ALL in the data. People are talking about EV adoption rates slowing down, which is true, but that's not the figure they should be looking at. It's about market share.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6048/6048844-4c2e540e3bbe2eea088535765b91484b.jpg

Now, remember when iPhones came out? A few people had them, and then everyone had one. That is called an adoption curve. Year-over-year growth will slow as penetration of the market nears 100%. The same is happening with EVs. When you consider market share and adoption curves, it's clear that EVs are already on the path.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6048/6048846-cd9b1db6c00d45dedcbe41d55b2fcd9c.jpg

The other factor in the recent EV narrative is the vested interests of oil producers and traditional car manufacturers communicating false information. Old-school car companies are having a lot of trouble transitioning to EVs and maintaining profit expectations, which, to be fair, would be very difficult to pull off, and it's in their interests to try and slow things down. BYD and Tesla have their issues but seem to be doing much better. BYD, in particular, seems to be taking over the planet.

As for people freaking out about lithium prices, they have been improving in the last few weeks, and you can see that in some stock prices. But still, the lithium market is small and prone to volatility. Coming from such a small base, it will have inevitable issues as the market grows; supply and demand are often far from a nice equilibrium. I expect to be very up and down over the next few years as new supply comes into the market to try and meet the increasing demand. But I don't buy the doom and gloom from some posters here.

I asked Lee about an update on the 12th of March, and he said.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6048/6048866-f351fa9a2cf5cd6578da8c5c97a4f3e1.jpg

Looking forward to when he does as all of us no doubt are.

DYOR - good luck all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LIS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
13.5¢
Change
-0.010(6.90%)
Mkt cap ! $86.42M
Open High Low Value Volume
14.5¢ 14.5¢ 13.5¢ $83.31K 611.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 924370 13.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
14.0¢ 144192 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.42pm 29/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
13.5¢
  Change
-0.010 ( 10.0 %)
Open High Low Volume
15.0¢ 15.0¢ 13.5¢ 271976
Last updated 14.04pm 29/05/2024 ?
LIS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.