NXG 0.32% $9.50 nexgen energy (canada) ltd

NexGen Announces Strategic Purchase of 2.7 Million Pounds of Uranium, page-6

1. 8,328 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 192
    hello crock1970 i was being sarcasticsmile.png, and i agree the market has totally been bemused by this and its completely unexpected. and have valued the risk accordingly well below zero.. it really hasnt presented to the market as making perfect sense.

one speculation is that Leigh is doing anything he can to dilute the share and create more available shares on the market, the board is making left field wild moves, and take it from people that know what strategic and conservative investors want, they want predictability and stability. they hate this stuff.. the last thing someone wants is to hear the company appearing to be, and journalistic commentary suggesting, NXE is digressing from core objectives..

if you have most of the shares locked in with clauses that tie it to the board, you are really testing the investors patience by investing 4.3% of the company into speculative uranium purchases unhedged and then blowing out the share price... these are blindsided antics that cause volatility, that is unwelcome.

my take on things a while ago was that you need to match a board with a market cap. if you current board is not familiar with running a company of this size, and understanding the way new investment capital wants things, and your wanting to present crazy moves reminiscent of what you do with a penny stock, then maybe time to change the board..

i asked this question to a few other long term holders that regularly speak with leigh, and they took huge offense at me questioning leighs capability of running billion dollar companies, like how many has he run, does he really understand the difficult steps needed.. experience is vital, capability and capacity to step up and achieve the pathways needed, being frugal, conservative and highly responsible to the share and protecting it at all costs.. . when i listen to the speech he reads at the updates, he is always stuttered and nervous, and it sounds almost like he cant read properly these are not complex sentences or words that are stumbled on.. and it is his own script!! i will listen again tonight with trepidation to his next presentation..

anyway, wtfdik... the company core investors are now stuck between a rock and a hard place, if the mood shifts and they strategically remove the problem, then you have further negative impacts on the share, but when you have alarming stuff like this going on, you may be forced to keep the board as it is but have to deal with the unpredictability and volatility that follows. hopefully in the future a sideways move? do it quietly over time..

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NXG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$9.50
Change
0.030(0.32%)
Mkt cap ! $760.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
$9.29 $9.50 $9.28 $2.827M 299.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 953 $9.39

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$9.50 19994 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NXG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.