NXG 0.32% $9.50 nexgen energy (canada) ltd

The other day I read an article that predicted increased coal...

1. 3,766 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1091
    The other day I read an article that predicted increased coal consumption because the AI phenomenon would massively increase computing demand and hence consumption of electricity by data centres around the world. Who needs nuclear when you can have coal? Coal mines are already in business and can deliver product today while coal fired power plants can be put up in a couple of years. Already, projections are for a shortage of uranium while uranium mines take years to get into production and nuclear power plants even longer. So perhaps it is coal vs nuclear again? Climate change will prevent this, you say? Or will it? Turn off the data centres or let power brownouts begin. I wonder? No-one really believes that solar and wind can meet the demand, although investment in silver and REE is probably a good move all the same.
    So, buy coal (medium term), and buy uranium (long term), and buy silver (short term, because of its precious metal/safe-haven character).
    Coal consumption and coal power plants are still increasing in places like China and India because of their growing power demands and even Germany has been using more coal, even prior to Russian gas restrictions after shutting down nuclear plants.
    Maybe the world still needs coal even if it does not want it.
    Same attitude applies to uranium.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NXG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$9.50
Change
0.030(0.32%)
Mkt cap ! $760.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
$9.29 $9.50 $9.28 $2.827M 299.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 953 $9.39

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$9.50 19994 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NXG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.