MST 0.00% 0.1¢ metal storm limited

Hi guys, this as I said earlier is absolutely pure speculation...

1. K9
    216 Posts.
    Hi guys, this as I said earlier is absolutely pure speculation on my part and I have no contact at all with spodwyer on any matters what so ever and I could be way off the mark totally. His post made mention that the technology was of interest for out of atmosphere application (space) I had been thinking a weapon system for spacecraft, satellites I think he mentioned killer satellites himself? and that may well be the case but after reading a bit about propulsion systems as used in spacecraft, I wonder if the tech had or has been experimented with as a main engine or at the least as a minor engine for positioning (I know small jet thrusters are typically used)
    Its not a great leap of thought as to how a tube fitted with axially stacked and electronically fired propellant charges (no projectiles) just the seals in between charges could be used for this purpose as an engine or as a initiator for something like a VASIMR plasma engine or similar. Some of reading sounds a little like how mooseys thoughts on how the tech could be used as an initiator in rail guns to get the generator size down so as to be practicable on the battle field similar problem faced by laser weapons.
    There are great advantages to using solid propellants over liquid fuels, weight being a main factor as well as less complications with pressure tanks and pumps in liquid fuels of course there are the usual argument as to how do you reload or in this case refuel such an engine which I dont have an answer for myself but am convinced there is an engineering answer for, whether it be they can be replaced remotely from an intercepting space craft launched for such a purpose or maned spacewalk ?
    To my way of thinking it would be the sealing tech between propellants covered by MST IP that would be of the most interest here.
    The following are some extracts and there links for those who may be further curious as to the subject and want to go further on the matter :-
    http://seedmagazine.com/content/article/a_rocket_for_the_21st_century/
    In VASIMR, however, there are no grids. Its plasma is contained by magnetic fields and heated and accelerated by electromagnetic waves. Since no parts of the rocket are immersed in the plasma flow, you can make the plasma very dense and hot and get much better performance.

http://exploration.grc.nasa.gov/education/rocket/rktth1.html
    There are two main types of chemical rocket engines; liquid rockets and solid rockets. In a liquid rocket, the fuel and the oxidizer are stored separately and pumped into the combustion chamber of the nozzle where the burning occurs. In a solid rocket, the fuel and oxidizer are mixed together into a solid propellant which is packed into a cylinder. The propellant only burns on the surface. So, as the propellant burns, a "flame front" is produced which moves into the propellant. Once the burning starts, it will proceed until all the propellant is consumed. With a liquid rocket, you can stop the thrust by turning off the flow of fuel or oxidizer; but with a solid rocket, you must destroy the casing to stop the engine. Liquid rockets tend to be heavier and more complex because of the pumps used to move the fuel and oxidizer, and you usually load the fuel and oxidizer into the rocket just before launch. A solid rocket is much easier to handle and can sit for years before firing.

http://principialabs.com/rocket-propulsion-tutorial/
    http://history.nasa.gov/conghand/propulsn.htm

I doubt what Im talking about here has anything to do with latest posts reporting MICHAEL USHER and Rimpac, I guess its possibly scramjet tech in use but that as I understand it is an in atmosphere engine and not space as is the subject of spodwyers post.
    Guys its only my rambling thoughts here so dont take anything Ive said as factual.
    Cheers,
    mrdog

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MST (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.