KAR 2.17% $1.65 karoon energy ltd

next announcement, page-53

1. 61 Posts.
    Austin, they sampled gas in P-2 where they mention low CO2 and presence of heavier hydrocarbons but no percentages given. This isn't surprising since the reservoir was poor quality and this makes sampling unreliable but it still suggests possible improvement in the P-1 & 2 areas.

We're only speculating but the Torosa compositions are very low in condensate and high in CO2 compared to the rest of the basin although CO2 is similar to both Scott Reef / Torosa & Ichthys so should have been no surprise.

Ichthys has a cgr of nearer 50 (barrels of condensate / million cubic feet of gas) and Scott Reef is 20-30 so the major fields on either side of Poseidon are both richer in condensate.

When you have a field of this size (hundreds of sq km), it will have received hydrocarbons from source rocks over a much larger area (bit like rivers feeding into a lake) and over a long time. Because of the different GWCs across the field we know that the gas isn't mixing right across the greater Poseidon structure, so variations in the composition are inevitable, especially either side of the barrier (and who's to say there's only one barrier?).

I would not be surprised to see an improvement in cgr further to the east, since we're more or less surrounded by richer gases but like I said earlier, it's just speculation.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KAR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.