NAB 0.86% $36.92 national australia bank limited

next cab off the rank...., page-8

1. 7,247 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Despite the negatives, the NAB is probably going to match the rising tide of bank investment.

What irritates me is that it used to be the leader, but board infighting, bad management under Cicutto, and drifting management since, has made it an also-ran instead of a leader.

The potential is massive, it was heading for $60 before the rot set in.

We'v all heard bank stories, but the one that caught my attention was a chat not long ago with a very long-time senior bank employee. I asked her what morale was like these days.

I was sorry I asked. She let loose with all but expletives about the recent succession of CEOs. It is hard to see any company power on , - as distinct from drift with the trend, - when its employees are not happy.

I think the big problem is that the top management is too aloof from both the market, and customers. They think they are doing ok when they more or less match the other banks, and seem to forget that they were once market leader. And are now last.

If it was me, I would be trying to find the reason for that, but I don't think they even realise there is a problem.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NAB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$36.92
Change
-0.320(0.86%)
Mkt cap ! $114.1B
Open High Low Value Volume
$36.95 $37.06 $36.80 $107.5M 2.913M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1833 $36.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$36.93 4024 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 22/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NAB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.