CDP 2.49% $4.30 carindale property trust

Thanks for this post. My only quibble (and it's a decent...

1. 4,587 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 855
    Thanks for this post.

My only quibble (and it's a decent one) is the summary conclusion and the "smack like they don't know what they are doing" comment. I'm a relative REIT novice so happy to be corrected but I had assumed there would be limited discretion open to Directors of a REIT in valuation compared to some other types of companies (due in part to the Trust Structure).

Isn't standard practice and precedent to obtain an annual independent valuation for what in this case is the single Carindale asset? Notwithstanding that Carindale was less impacted by Covid than most it would strike many as strange that in the event that we emerge successfully from Covid in coming months that any such independent valuation would not see any recovery at all from the 2020 end of year valuation, presumably conducted during the height of the lockdown.

Having said that I agree that most investors (like you) have shown they're likely to look right past any asset revaluation. I think many will focus more on what they see as a sustainable distribution for the next 3-4 years and if retail recovers sufficiently then in a low interest rate world and regardless of the NTA I expect some will be happy to buy a 5-6% annual distribution from CDP if they believe it to be relatively stable and safe.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.30
Change
-0.110(2.49%)
Mkt cap ! $340.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.41 $4.41 $4.30 $3.962K 915

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2999 $4.30

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.38 800 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$4.31
  Change
-0.110 ( 1.78 %)
Open High Low Volume
$4.34 $4.35 $4.31 224
Last updated 14.20pm 28/05/2024 ?
CDP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.