CDP 2.49% $4.30 carindale property trust

"I literally don't have any losses to offset (not one) and I'm...

1. 16,410 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7973
    "I literally don't have any losses to offset (not one) and I'm on the top tax rate. So I can sell and give away 40c/share to the tax man or enjoy the dividends. Right now I see absolutely nothing in the market that would cause me to choose the former course of action over the latter."

The tax implications of a 30% capital gain is hardly onerous.

Do the maths yourself; you just need to find an alternative stock with more than a 10% potential upside (and there are plenty of those, and well less risk than CDP, to boot) to justify the decision to sell and crystalise the tax liability (which, presumably - hopefully - would have happened anyway at some point in the future, anyway, so you would merely be bringing it forward). [*]

But if you had some burning desire to own a big chunk of REITs, why wouldn't you own one's that are trading at 40c in the dollar, such as URW, instead of at just 15% discount to par value, which is where CDP is.

[*] And that assumes no CGT discount being applicable.

PS. If you sold CDP, the required return on the investment into which you deploy your after-tax capital capital needs to be a mere 12% in order to break even.

"As for your posts I used to find value and follow for a time however I've come to parse most for undue subjectivity. You still provide the occasional pearl if one's prepared to wade through the offal."

Personally, if I find what people say not worth listening to, I simply don't read their posts.
    Why do you not do likewise with my posts?

Better still, invoke the use of the Ignore button, then you won't see any of my posts.

But deeming someone's opinion to be not worth considering, but then continuing to follow that opinion, makes rather little sense.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.30
Change
-0.110(2.49%)
Mkt cap ! $340.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.41 $4.41 $4.30 $3.962K 915

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2999 $4.30

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.38 800 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$4.31
  Change
-0.110 ( 1.78 %)
Open High Low Volume
$4.34 $4.35 $4.31 224
Last updated 14.20pm 28/05/2024 ?
CDP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.