WFL 0.00% 0.3¢ wellfully limited

I like to check back from time to time of my old investments....

1. HK1
    590 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 229
    I like to check back from time to time of my old investments. Everything is a teachable lesson - wins, losses and other observations. Short story incoming....

I was invested in OBJ (the old WFL), where I bought in 2016. I thought the company had potential and had quite a few things going for it.

There were ups and downs and after some more bad results (ie. poor cashflow and lots of promises, but nothing really being delivered into the bank), I sold in October 2017. I posted on here at the time why I sold - you can read my post here, if you like - and basically I said that I was done with their broken promises and that they needed $2m in revenue per quarter, at a minimum, and it wasn't going to happen anytime soon. I had about 1m shares and took a decent 5-figure loss on my investment. I sold at around 3.6c (of course this was pre-consolidations, etc). Several on HC made some pretty sharp comments on how wrong I was and I would regret it and I am sure my posts were not that popular amongst the faithful. I put my money into other companies.

Well, now I am pretty comfortable in saying I made the right decision and those who were critical were 100% wrong. I followed OBJ/WFL for a few years looking for positive signs to re-invest, but they never came. It was just more of the same and while I was reluctant to write WFL off fully, I constantly saw the same broken-promises cycle repeating. I saw some very good posters on here who had "good investigation skills" or who "talked to management" or could always see blue sky, but they came and went. Some left because they couldn't face being wrong so often, I am sure. A couple are still around ..... How much did they lose over the years?

If I had held my 1m shares in 2017 instead of selling, I think they would now be worth just $150. As horrifying at that is, I think it is right. If I had 1m shares in 2017 in OBJ, then it consolidated at 1 for every 20,000 shares, so I would have 50,000 shares in WFL. Then today @ $0.003 per share, that would give me a grand total of $150. I thought WFL had lit money on fire, but I didn't realise that it was that bad. It would have blown up 99.5% of my investment.

A good lesson. I am never always right. I am often wrong. I just need to be less wrong, most of the time. Good luck to all investors, but I think you can put a fork in WFL as it is done.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WFL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.