CXY 0.00% 0.3¢ cougar energy limited

next leg up for cxy, page-5

1. 37,286 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 404

FF

Knock yourself out refreshing ... and when you recover perhaps you could expand on that whole thread.

Cheers
    Dex

FACTFINDER >>> I see REY have just announced that they have been granted a tenement near Geraldton. More interesting is that they say categorically that are talking to a third party about a farm in agreement.

Wonder who? Can anyone who knows what the coal seam(s) do in that area comment on this report and how likely UCG could play a part?

POYNDEXTER >>>
    http://www.doir.wa.gov.au/documents/gswa/gsdpap_coal.pdf

Map on p2 may be of interest ... I have no idea where Geraldton is though ... will checl later.

POYNDEXTER >>> Well at least it looks like there could be reasonable coal there ... I was going to look up google maps tonight ... so, if true, it would be Bookara/ Green Head/ Hill River ... say, it'd be nice if it was for cost effective syngas for an energy starved mining/minerals venture or similar ... nice partnering opportunity.

POYNDEXTER >>> Say, isn't there a lot of iron ore development around Geraldton ... and isn't the WA Govt struggling to supply energy to support the mining development in boom regional centres ... and aren't BHP in the thick of it over there?

FACTFINDER >>> Boot, how was the trip?

Me charting is Ok, bit rudamentary but good. Still looking for new highs in the short term.

On the REYdar, think bigger guys, think bigger. I'll help a little. What do we know is the basic UCG project? Answer about 40MW. What could you use 40MW for in that area? Ah . . . . .

POYNDEXTER >>> I have thought for quite some time now what a great match ucg electricty generation is with aluminium smelting ... and behold, google gives hits on "geraldton aluminiun smelting".

FACTFINDER >>> Dex, good find but my reaction is that aluminium ain't big enough for this one. Next clue . . think "geography" as well as actual users like the smelters.

POYNDEXTER >>> http://www.doir.wa.gov.au/documents/investment/EnergyMinsDevSouthWestCoastAug05.pdf

The google leader even says ... "coal-based pig iron production in the Geraldton region. (See also Issue 14) .... Aluminium smelter viability is dependent upon low cost electricity"

I guess if you add in "geography", as in say "isolation" then ucg could be a truly eloquent energy solution for the area ...

# Neat syngas as a cheap fuel supplied to an "industrial park", one founding tennant of which could be an aluminium smelter ... amongst many others attracted to a booming regional centre.

# The obvious syngas to electricity to support regional development ... possibly on a scale of 2000MW or more.

# The less obvious syngas to diesel to solve a mining induced regional thirst ... isolation and oil/fuel distribution issues can be solved.

Is this the kind of scale you had in mind lol?

POYNDEXTER >>> Whilst I am in postulating mode, you'd have to think it was feasible that the likes of BHP (and/or RIO depending on how that battle goes) would have everything to gain in actively supporting such a venture in that particular region.

FACTFINDER >>> Dex and Boot, you deserve a gold medal. And answers to you are (Dex) yes, (Dex) yes and (Boot) yes thats the kid of timescale I had in mind.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.