Next move in interest rates up ?, page-113

1. 6,351 Posts.

"....... increase in average house size and the extra contents of those houses compared to the 90's "

My comment:

This article suggests that some of the young are considering different AFFORDABLE options.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/sydney-re...ansion-antidote-on-wheels-20140619-zsf9c.html

"You have to consider what makes you happy and you have to cut. Even as someone that loves the idea and loves the simplicity, it’s a difficult process to go through when you’re used to having lots of stuff in a big house.”

"You have to consider what makes you happy and you have to cut. Even as someone that loves the idea and loves the simplicity, it’s a difficult process to go through when you’re used to having lots of stuff in a big house.”
    The movement has taken off post-GFC, fuelled by rising house prices and the inability to secure mortgages.

You also say:
    "What about the rise of the second income earner per household ?

"My Comment:
    The extra income is almost essential to keep a roof over your head IMO.

Ever wondered why all the news about child care, lack of facilities? I know people that work in child care. They get stuff all pay, have lots of accountability, get hammered by the press whenever things go wrong. Their pay is so inadequate, not much chance for them to buy a home unless they secure a well off partner...... many will be forced to live in very outer suburbs if they can afford a home and spend huge amounts of time getting to and from work.

Agree with you that cars are cheaper. One can see plenty of bargains by the side of the road for sale in WA. Maybe some are people that have lost their jobs and are taking off to where they can find a job.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.