Next move in interest rates up ?, page-114

1. 36,561 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Really ? Live in a house on wheels , more commonly known as a caravan . You do realise that some people have been doing that for decades ? You will also note that these young people taking the time to build cute little house on trailers are educated hipsters . Not genuinely poor people . They are doing it because they have a choice , not out of desperation . Why do they have choice ? Because we are very fortunate in Australia .

Extra income in households ? People have created this situation themselves . I want a bigger , better house . I want to live close to the city and have public transport at the front door . I want to have a career ( women ) . I want to have overseas holidays every year . I want my kids to take a gap year and go backpacking . I want my wife to cart the kids around in a 4wd station wagon even though we never go off road .

All these things are great . Fantastic even . But , they are choices . And they come at a cost . When I reflect over the last 25 or 30 years I am amazed at how good it's got in Australia . Services , technology , entertainment etc . It's awesome compared to what it was . Sure there are some issues but mostly they can be solved by the individual if they put their minds to it .

I like the twist about the cheapness of cars and how they are on the side of the road in WA . When you can by a new 5 star rated car that is very economical and has a 10 year warranty for under 20 grand you are doing alright . Something that good cost 50 grand 25 years ago when wages were much less than they are now . And they had a much shorter life .

As for jobs , there appear to be plenty of jobs elsewhere according to the latest data .

Are you saying that WA has a bit of a boom and bust economy because of it's exposure to mining ? Gee , I didn't know that ! How long has that mining thing been going on in WA ?

Oh I remember now . It's been decades !

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.