FAR 1.06% 47.5¢ far limited

Some interesting stuff in this thread. I tend as usual to concur...

1. pj
    2,090 Posts.
    Some interesting stuff in this thread. I tend as usual to concur with most of the things whisky says (except when they concern me )

However as indicated previously, I’m particularly interested in what information with respect to material changes in the status of reserves/resource volumes (or potential volumes) can be withheld from the market under the guise of “commercial confidentiality”. This is quite irrespective of the presence of a “tight hole policy” which to me is only concerned with restricted release of drilling progress within the continuous disclosure rules.

For example, ASIC guidelines for disclosure of material change in company earnings projections suggest these should be released to market when a variation of more than 10-15% applies** (when I suppose they become aware of it with a reasonable degree of certainty) but I can find no guideline for oil companies in the case of reserve/resource variations which in my view, for a company like FAR with no earnings, would be equivalent in their effect.

See also @Davyboy post 17105779 which prompted me to post these remarks.

pj

** That's from memory, sorry I haven't for the purposes of this post dug up the reference for that.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
47.5¢
Change
0.005(1.06%)
Mkt cap ! $43.89M
Open High Low Value Volume
46.5¢ 48.0¢ 46.5¢ $110.3K 234.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 217746 46.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
47.5¢ 68975 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.