EXG 0.00% 3.5¢ excelsior gold limited

Next Qtr positive cash flow, page-12

1. 818 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    Thanks for implying that my posts on HC warrant enough respect that they'd move the market (down). I think that's unlikely, but very flattering.

But I don't feel I "owe" anyone on HC my thoughts. I just share them to bounces ideas around with other investors to hopefully improve my own investment analysis.

Personally I don't care if people listen to my thoughts on EXG - I've got no skin in the game on this one at this stage - but I do keep an eye on it and I like to write to compile my thoughts as it encourages me to do more research.

Why would I keep an eye on and do research on a company I don't own? Simple... With the macro view of the world that I have I believe that under the right circumstances EXG could be a good investment one day...

So I want to be ready should that day ever arrive (though I don't expect that it will).

And I don't believe in "set and forget" investing. Companies change along with their share prices and I feel investment positions should change with them.

So being up to date with the circumstances of numerous gold miners means that if I think the circumstances of one of my existing gold mining investments changes (MML, RSG, WGX and EVN are my current gold mining positions) I can rotate into what I feel is more likely to provide better value.

As for calling me "dumb". You're welcome to think that if you want, but I certainly don't feel "dumb"...

To the contrary I think I can be happy with my returns with my investments. Historically I've beaten the market every year in the last decade, except one. So I don't feel dumb.

Last year I made a 47% return on my invested assets EVEN WITH my "dumb" investment into EXG which cost me 30% to 35% on what was my third biggest position... Ouch!

But that's life, if you want to be a winner you gotta play the game and that means accepting that there will be losses along the way and the only thing you can do is just try and learn the lessons.

So my posts above are just me sharing some of my "learnings" for anyone else doing some DD on EXG as an investment. And that's not me saying don't invest in EXG...

Who knows, EXG might be a great investment from here,  it's just appears like it's not a good investment if you analyse companies the way I do.

And I'm certainly not going to give up on my methods of analysis that have been working quite well for the last decade just because someone on an internet forum has the opinion that I'm "dumb", especially when they don't seem be presenting me any new information that I had not already considered in my analysis (yes I've read the EXG reports).

I thought @Ghalix approach was smart. He could see we disagreed, and rather than call me dumb he simply asked a question and I gave my view then he gave his and I think I can now see where our differences lay and of course having different views is what makes a market (though I find it usually helps to know who's on the other side of the trade).

To be honest @stellmac my assumption is that you are probably sitting on some heavy EXG losses and rather than taking responsibility for your investment decisions to date you are opting to project your anger and disappointment at me as if the problem with this company's current share price is a couple of negative posts on HC...

Where as I tend to think the only thing holding this company's share price down is its lack of profitability and potential.

I certainly didn't want to rip up 30%+ of the capital I invested into EXG, believe it or not, I wanted EXG to be a success as much as anyone!

My position in it changed (ie I sold out) when my view on that potential and its prospects changed as new information became apparent.

I lost money, but I don't beat myself up too much about it because it was hard for me to have known better at the time.

To be honest I'm very grateful that I was able to exit my 1M share position between 2.5c and 3c. If I was to try exit 1M shares this week at market there is a good chance I'd be doing it for 2c (maybe less).

So you can blame me if you think it will make you feel better, or if you think that will boost the stock price, but I've always found that being ready to switch your investment positions makes it much easier to sell your mistake investments (and we all make em) and that is why I keep an eye on lots of gold miners (including EXG).

No need to get emotional about it. It makes for bad investment decisions.

GLTA.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EXG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.