RNU 1.22% 8.1¢ renascor resources limited

Next RNU?, page-233

1. 741 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1585
    The next RNU?
    Siviour Stage 2, with further downstream partnerships what.png

The good early signs from the current drilling makes it inevitable our resource will snowball, which may allow for an expanded concentrator and BAM plant.

Some have spoken of partnering with Sicona for their silicon-graphite-carbon tech, which they claim delivers 50% to 100% higher capacity than conventional graphite anodes and its anode materials can deliver more than 50% higher cell energy density than current Li-ion batteries.
    Sicona have developed this tech over the last ten years at the Australian Institute for Innovative Materials (AIIM), which is a purpose-built facility at the University of Wollongong's Innovation Campus to help transform multi-functional materials research into commercial reality.

Today the Prime Minister announced a $10M investment at the same uni to establish an Energy Futures Skills Centre there: https://www.pm.gov.au/media/securing-future-illawarra
    My read is the UOW Innovation Campus is kicking goals and the feds are tipping in more cash to speed development.

A Sicona-RNU partnership at BAM Plant 2 perhaps?
    This would gel with the current Made in Australia battery push for further value add from post-mine processing/manufacturing.
    While we may not see an Aussie battery GF, a local next-gen anode facility shipping to battery makers will be industry leading and further downstream than anything outside China/Sth Korea/Japan, Europe or the USA, AFAIK.

Who knows, Recharge Geelong cells made with SA processed graphite/NSW silicon + QLD refined nickel/cobalt + WA lithium hydroxide may become a Made in Australia reality. The USA are really quickly revitalising their onshore advanced manufacturing with the gigantic IRA. So far the local commitments are a small step change in the form of the $15B Reconstruction Fund, of which only about $8B seems allocated to specific sectors.

As the climate science continues to build the case for a faster transition, the USA IRA starts to suck talent and contracts Stateside and global competition for clean energy profits intensifies, I expect the Feds will see the current spend is inadequate and step up with further recession-busting, forward-thinking stimulus in the battery minerals space to truly make Australia a leader.

Chin up Renascorians; a good weekend to all holders wink.png
    Last edited by MtnMusic: 24/02/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.