DTE 0.00% 13.0¢ dart energy limited

I'm not going to comment on the Singapore IPO.The UK government...

1. 2,225 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 294
    I'm not going to comment on the Singapore IPO.

The UK government has just given the green light for unconventional O&G in the UK. It's a real blessing that the London IPO did not take place beforehand as we are now in a much stronger bargaining position - by multiples. I am really surprised many don't seem to get this.

DTE is a very early entrant into CSG and Shale in the UK and we have secured some very prospective and large acreage positions. Given the governmental green light the big O&G players suddenly want in and what we have is potentially very valuable. Conventional gas reserves in the UK are fast running out and new cheap energy sources are needed.

I expect DTE has been bombarded with commercial offers and it will take time to consider them all in detail (hence why a director has moved into the IPO roll full time). The company has a duty to obtain the best offer for its shareholders and a rushed decision to appease some nervous or impatient investors would be negligent in my book. Anyway, that's my take on things.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DTE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.