GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Nice to see someone actually contact the Company instead of...

1. 13,374 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4538
    Nice to see someone actually contact the Company instead of bleating on HC continually..

"I got the impression is that there is a disconnect between the SP and the how the business is progressing, perhaps the SP is lagging the company. "

Never a truer observation made and was exactly the same when the shareprice was at its peak, a total disconnect , an overshoot between being overvalued and undervalued when compared with market norms is common with all Companies and often extreme , in my experience the more extreme it goes one way the more extreme it is the other way...there is also a total disconnect between expecations and reallity amongst many punters and that leads to most of the angst on the forum IMO.

So what can we gather from the Companies reply..

1: The business is progressing well...the is no reason to be expecting otherwise, the optimisation is being put into effect, the are progressing operations in Canada as fast as permitting will allow, have taken stakes in a couple of other Companies and are in talks regarding brine operations in Argentina and have the cash to allow them the time required to get the best result there..basically what you would expect from a Company building a long-term future.

2: They are well aware that the shareprice is being attacked and they fired a shot across their bows by waving the by back option, and it appears to be having some effect...personally I hope they don't use it as IMO it's a complete waste of cash...there is very little else management can do to have anything more than a short term effect on day to day markets, they can only concentrate on the long-term with the shareprice eventually reflecting the results of that...in the meantime the market will do what it wants, with sentiment being the largest driver.

3: They are acting like most mature Companies and going from quarter to quarter with material updates in between, dont expect that to change.
    4: We know there is a Management change which is recognising the limitations of the previous management as the Company grows, perfectly normal and good to see but that itself won't make the Company suddenly more profitable, just a continuation of the long-term growth stratedgy of the Company..I think the last quarters lack of information around margins was a mistake and would be nice to see that change..like us they get it wrong on occasions.
    Punters like targets but hate them being missed, the solution from management's perspective is say nothing at all as you can't please everyone.

When sentiment eventually changes and the shareprice reflects that, then all of this will be forgotten and the hypsters will return with toot toots and trains leaving stations and the JC circus will be alive and well.

Judging by some of the confessions and blood letting on the forum the bottom is close...

Cheers Whisky

Last edited by Whisky49: 15/06/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.