OCC 1.33% 37.0¢ orthocell limited

Next Significant Milestone, page-36

1. 7,489 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6758
    Hotdog,

I've politely refrained from criticism for a year now.

In 2021 you were on here agreeing a JNJ deal very likely and that you 'weren't selling OCC at $1, $2 or $10' (not the first time you'd declared a $10+ target/exit).

You were on here in November 2021 calling (quite correctly to your credit) a US deal on Striate and telling us you were buying more at $0.50

In February 2022 however, at $0.41 you told us all you'd sold out of 600,000 or half of your holdings and bought into IMU when it was >$0.30. OCC stock was sold down aggressively the week prior so I did not doubt you.

IMU is now $0.14 (I've actually bought a couple of clips at $0.135 myself).

If above is true you've haemorrhaged money and I really do feel for you (others have been less generous questioning your sincerity). But perhaps coming on the main Australian retail investor forum for a predominantly retail held Australian stock you own in quantity and just relentlessly bagging the share price or the company day in, day out, is not the most advisable approach to investing large in micro cap, retail driven stocks. IMU share price has been cut in less than half from where you bought it, but you don't bag that stock on HC. Perhaps you are venting your financial frustrations in the wrong place....

Lets look at OCC on objective merit:

OCC has lots of hoops to jump through still. The Bio HOrizons deal, IF - big IF - things go well, in all probability, enables it to become cash flow positive by 2024, or somewhere close at least. Depending on whether OCC's tardy executive management and their cronies on the Board, who own nearly 15% of the company and behave if its almost theirs alone at times, go the 510K route or some other route to FDA approval, you'd have to say significant US Remplir revenues (i.e. seven figures quarterly) not likely until 2024/5. CelGro Rope (ACL graft) could actually be a quick 510K route I suspect, but significant revenues again unlikely before 2024/5. CelGro Tendon will take even longer again with a more arduous regulatory pathway. Lets be realistic on this stuff....

We have the possible binary event of a JNJ partnership in ATI of course, which could come out of the blue at any time (and would likely skyrocket such a micro capped stock), as the Striate deal did (it would certainly explain the often apparent blasé approach of executives at times). But I suspect IF, again a big IF, it occurs it might be after some demonstrated results in the ATI vs surgery trial (SOME INITIAL ATI VS SURGERY RESULTS POSSIBLE 2Q 2023for the purposes of this thread: 'significant milestone'). ACI seems on the back burner, but Vericel's MACI success (the CMO, Professor Zheng and Paul sold some limited rights to Vericel for $55 million => seed money for OCC) means its a very probable future venture.

If, another big IF, OCC executed all of the above seamlessly (unlikely) then your past $10 calls might not be quite so far fetched after all. But before 2030? Unlikely unless a massive JNJ deal came out. (I'd be happy with $5 sneaky.png). OCC has been a terrible investment from IPO at $0.40 (but better than many others, Immugene that IPO'd at $0.20, for example) but has multiple promising product approvals in the bag; extensive IP; published trial results; a trial collaboration with the biggest Pharma company in the world, and a global manufacturing deal with a top 5 global dental Pharma and top billing on its sales website. Objectively, versus its probabilities of success in those, a $76 million cap is frankly silly, and alas for us LT holders, represents an unchanged share price to IPO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OCC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
37.0¢
Change
-0.005(1.33%)
Mkt cap ! $77.45M
Open High Low Value Volume
36.8¢ 37.0¢ 36.5¢ $9.674K 26.23K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 20000 36.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
37.0¢ 28876 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OCC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.