CWE 0.00% 4.2¢ carnegie wave energy limited

Yep, buyers building again.I'm gonna post it here if you don't...

1. 20,025 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 873
    Yep, buyers building again.

I'm gonna post it here if you don't mind Kevin...

"YEARS OF LABOUR PUT TO THE TEST

WITHIN weeks, possibly days, Greg Allen will witness the culmination of years of hard work. The chief operating officer of Perth-based Carnegie Wave Energy is overseeing the onshore testing of the company's CETO wave energy technology, which will use the energy of waves to drive turbines and create zero-emission electrical power and desalinated water.

The full-scale unit will be fully submerged and anchored to the sea-floor when it is deployed sometime in the next few weeks in waters near Garden Island off the West Australian coast, by a team of divers, engineers and barge masters. If the pilot succeeds, wave energy could become far more prominent in Australia's renewable technology sector than estimates currently project.

"It's a pretty exciting time," Allen says. "The thing that really drives most of the people in this organisation is the hands-on ability to develop something; to come up with an idea, develop the prototype, go through the (model) scale prototype testing, and then test it at full-scale.

"I don't think there's that many opportunities in terms of pure technology development in Australia, whether it be in the renewable energy space or not, to actually work closely and go through with a prototype to completion."

This hands-on technology focus was one of main reasons Allen was attracted to the job. The mechanical engineer whose role at Carnegie bridges technical and commercial spheres previously worked for Wesfarmers' remote power generation business.

Carnegie Wave Energy's focus is now on deep water demonstration and testing; global market opportunities; and generating long-term revenue. The company of 25 employees has three vacancies in its technology development team.

Work can be quite unrelenting, Allen says. "Part of that comes down to our drive to succeed and meet deadlines," Allen says.

Penny McLeod"

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/careers/full-steam-ahead-for-new-fuel/story-fn717l4s-1226019508029

I suggest you don't read the last line, Acees :-)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.