AKP 0.00% $6.20 audio pixels holdings limited

My read is that Rule 4.7 of the "Listing Rules" requires AKP to...

1. 19 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    My read is that Rule 4.7 of the "Listing Rules" requires AKP to file quarterly reports because it falls under Listing Rule 1.3 as an "investment entity". AKP is currently suspended from securities quotation, which means the stock can't be traded. This is different from being taken off the list of listed stocks. One of the grounds for suspension, and one of the grounds for being de-listed, is not filing documents required under Rule 4.7 . So, if the company wants the suspension to be lifted, and doesn't want to be de-listed entirely, it presumably needs to file the quarterly reports.

An interesting question is whether the directors have a duty to the shareholders to preserve the listing status of the company, and consequently the apparent present disregard for whether or not the stock can be traded is a breach of directors' duties. There has been no real indication from AP that it cares the stock has been placed under suspension. The issue is cashflow. The directors have an obvious path to raising capital and curing the concerns of the auditors and the ASX, but as it is not the path they prefer and not the order of events they planned, I think the decision has been made to let the status flounder for the time being.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.