ALM 0.00% 0.7¢ alma metals limited

next stop 20c, page-19

1. 2,054 Posts.
    African Energy Resources Limited
    African Energy owns, or is earning an interest in eight uranium projects in Southern Africa. These projects range in maturity from advanced projects, such as the Njame Prospect within the Kariba Project in Zambia, to large tenement holdings with prospective geology but no drilling to date.

Friday, September 11, 2009

African Energy has high hopes to increase uranium resource at Chirundu

Southern African uranium explorer African Energy Resources (ASX: AFR) has commenced drilling at Njame South prospect, part of Chirundu Joint Venture project in Zambia.

Investors may recall that the Chirundu uranium project, JV with Albidon (ASX: ALB) has a total resource 7.4 Mlb U3O8 at an average grade of 293 ppm U3O8.

African Energy will drill 60 holes at Njame South, targeting a ground radiometric anomaly which was previously
    drilled and found to contain uranium mineralisation by AGIP in the early 1980’s.

Charles Tabeart managing director of African Energy said this drilling program, plus programs at nearby Siamboka prospect, Gwabe South and Namakande, are aimed at adding additional resources to increase proposed uranium mine life at Chirundu.

Current mine life is 5-6 years.

Assay results from these programmes are expected to be received from late October onwards.

African Energy holds a 70% interest in Chirundu. The
    company recently raised $4 million for drilling

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.