RMS 0.77% $1.97 ramelius resources limited

next stop 25c, page-9

1. 4,957 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 129
    Some analysis in yesterday Goldman Sachs afternoon report..

The Tax loss selling fits in perfectly with the selloff in golds in the last month & why I think they’ll all bounce from here...

This was what I said yesterday..
    I bet you never thought you’d see me saying this ??
    ? I’m off on holidays at the end of this week, but before I go this is my last – and I suspect highly controversial call.
    ? Having been an enemy of the gold disciples for years - who only ever thought gold would go up, up up & US$3,000 was where it’s be by now. This has seen many tell me I don’t understand the conspiracy theories (about Central banks holding it down) going on, the money printing ect (basically ‘you just don’t get it) – but despite all there “noise” it deflated (when I called it a Ponzi Scheme “ many sent me emails – telling me I was a ignoramus who “just doesn’t get it ) – well we all know how it played out & it wasn’t the fairy tail end they all said it was – instead it was a terrible nightmare . ? When gold crashed - it was the gold stocks that really felt the pain as golds stocks crashed between -50% to -80% (they have 4x the leverage to gold price) .

But .... Maybe that nightmare is almost over...
    ? So ironically after 4 years I’m going to wave the gold flag for a trade (well gold stocks that is). They are oversold & gold looks ordinary – but if it bounces US$100 from here – which is not that hard to see - then gold stocks will have a big run. There will be some +30% moves...
    ? This is not a trade for the conservative – its high risk, high beta – high return (or a small loss) – but I’m still going to go for it.
    ? The gold bugs will be confused – there greatest critic has just joined their side – but as I have always I would invest in gold when I felt the froth was out & many gold bulls despondent and now looks like that time... Golds may be finally – after 2 years of misery in for a good qtr...
    Gold’s usually have a cracker over the next 3 months
    ? Over the years Gold Stocks have been stands out as the best performer in July with a gain of +7.1%, also Gold since 1987 has in August averaged a rise of +0.14% & then follows on with a +1.90% rise in September.
    ? I’ve been negative gold for a number of year – I never got seduced by all that garbage that it would be trading at US$3,300 by June 2013 – but right now for the first time in a long time I think it looks like a trading buy opportunity may be opening up and I think we could see a decent bounce in the next few months after
    (1) Its had a massive collapse but has not gone on with it
    (2) The US$1330 level has been touched twice & both times it bounced off that level – so we have seen a “double bottom” & that normally can be a bullish signal.
    (3) Gold is not liked & many have moved away from it – the love affair for many ended in tears…
    (4) No one would seriously suggest buying gold now given how bad it’s been in the last 9 months – so sentiment is positioned for further falls...
    (5) Gold has fallen for 8 out of the last 9 months (falling from US$1773 to a low of US$1324 & now at US$1390)... The last time we had 8 down months in 9 was 14 years ago, where gold fell from US$300 in Sept 1998 to US$253 in July 1999. Over the next 3 months it rallied +0.16%, +16.4% & +0.30% back to US$300…
    (6) a big seasonally strong period is about to open up – the September Qtr tends to be an absolute boomer – in the last 5 years we’ve seen the Sept Qtr 2012 +10.60% & Sept ,Qtr 2011 +7.95%, Sept Qtr 2010 +5.11%., Sept Qtr 2009 +8.8% & Sept Qtr 2007 +15.23%
    (7) Since 2001 in the 12 Sept Qtrs – gold was up in 10 of them…

? This is the best 3 month period of the year is July through to September, with an average 3 month gain of about +14.2%. ? Seasonally, the best time to sell gold stock has been in late September, with the following 5 months October through to February bad months….

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RMS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.97
Change
0.015(0.77%)
Mkt cap ! $2.247B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.00 $2.01 $1.95 $9.599M 4.870M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 87547 $1.96

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.97 134610 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RMS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.