QHL 5.15% 25.5¢ quickstep holdings limited

next twelve mth's, page-2

1. 31 Posts.
    I rang up and spoke to QHL after my previous posts, I've got to say after having a chat for a while I feel much more confident than I did before hand, I was almost ready to cut my losses and just get out of QHL despite the obvious potential which wasn't being met. In my opinion the JSF is a headline contact and it will just result in lots of trickle down contracts when it does happen, but it won't be the only one. The first steady income streams will come from something like RST, lightweight ballistic panels or one of the many other things that aren't really on the radar like the JSF or Sikorsky contracts.

There was a section from the AGM in December that talks about the RST and the fact that a fully representative auto part will be produced in 6 - 8 months (by Aug), based on the conversation this is still progressing and sounds like it is still going to happen. If a finished bonnet can be produced to Class A surface as has been claimed, and is comparable on pricing I think there is a huge potential for the adoption in mainstream vehicles to cut fuel/C02 emmisions. High end cars already have lightweight panels, its only a matter of time till its adopted more widely. RST is fully patented to Quickstep

I have no doubt that over the next 12-24months QHL will be transformed from effectively a R&D company to a commercial company, given the number of parallel things they are working on, at least one is bound to take off. To date the technical side of the challenges looks like they are being met so its now a matter of putting together good business plans to sell to clients which is what sounds like is happening in the background. The only issue I can foresee is that by working on so many things in parallel burns through lots of cash which will put downward pressure on the share price and may mean more capital raising.

Disclaimer: This is just my opinion. I recommended re-reading through the previous announcements and broker reports again, having a chat to QHL and then make up your own mind.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QHL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.