SHL 2.10% $27.24 sonic healthcare limited

I’ve read that same “boring” label a few times here, and don’t...

1. 434 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 113
    I’ve read that same “boring” label a few times here, and don’t really get it. I’ve been invested in SHL for about 20 years (I entered at $11) and have never felt bored!

There’s been some volatility…we dashed up to around $45 at one point, and have now given a third of that back, which suggests good buying now to me. The share price has shown itself capable of moving quite vigorously at times, independent of the general market direction…both up and down!

In the meantime, the company has been regularly adding wisely and gradually to its suite of businesses, and its core business (and dividends) keeps growing in a slow and steady manner. That’s not a bad way to be bored! And there was nothing “boring” about the Covid sugar hit!

It’s also quite an interesting field, especially pathology, in terms of reading about the services being provided. We do good things! We make a difference to people’s lives!

Sure, there are more exciting sectors, but in my portfolio at any rate, I think SHL sits somewhere around the middle of the “boring” index!

Last edited by tessathedog: 06/10/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SHL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$27.24
Change
0.560(2.10%)
Mkt cap ! $13.08B
Open High Low Value Volume
$26.96 $27.25 $26.90 $26.46M 974.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 845 $27.10

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$27.26 3124 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SHL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.