NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

Nearmap has truely shaken Eagleview in the US, and if anyone...

1. 299 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 141
    Nearmap has truely shaken Eagleview in the US, and if anyone does a rough estimate on just how much Eagleview have spend on Spookfish (and now buying Omniearth) you will end up with a figure well over $15 million dollars.

Even if Eagleview is just investing $15 million to defend themselves against a Nearmap US entry, this logically implies that Eagleview actually sees Nearmap as a real threat that will eventually erode their existing market share by many times their current $15 million investment.

Although we can't be certain as to what Eagleview has estimated in terms of what Nearmap will take from their current market share. I believe at some stage in the past, someone in Eagleview would have to create a solid business case that highlighted a lost of market share of at least $100 to $150 million to Nearmap to justify their current $15 million investment.

Of course, we may never know the initial Eagleview business case details, however moving forward I believe Eagleview's ongoing spending will proportionally give us a silient measure in just how much market share Nearmap could win from Eagleview.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.