AVH 0.33% $3.02 avita medical inc.

next?, page-52

1. 379 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16

The takeover of Advanced Biohealing by Shire has been mentioned in here a few times as Dermagraft is in direct competition with Recell for Ulcers.

Below is an abstract of a 100 patient trial Dermagraft Vs Standard treatment.

It states that the cost per patient (in the trial) is
    $53,522.00 FF = $11,662.71 AU (Pls correct me if I've read it wrong)

Lets say Avita is $8,000.00 per treatment (which seems to be very generous when the kit retails for approx $1,200 US and from what I can make out people are being charged about $3,000 to $4,000 per treatment for acne and scar revision)...$3.5K difference... that's a handy little saving in anybody's book....

And the albeit smaller Recell study of 20 patients have a look at the Ceo Presentation Nov 2012 Pgs 13-15
    Preliminary treatment results:"> 60% fully healed within 5 weeks"

and you compare it to

"median time to heal is 14-15 weeks for Dermagraft(R)"

You wouldn't be silly in thinking that Shire (and others) who own Dermagraft would be keeping a very keen eye on Avita Medical.

As Dolcevita said "...hopefully it will should show an increase in revenue and a bit more story of interest to the market."

Looking forward to see what unfolds in the quarterly.

Cheers GLTA
    DYOR

"Because Dermagraft(R) heals more ulcers within 52 weeks, the average cost per healed ulcer is lower (53,522 FF vs. 56,687 FF for standard treatment)."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10804327

Shire Plc (SHP), the Irish maker of treatments for attention-deficit disorder, said it agreed to buy closely held Advanced BioHealing Inc. for $750 million in cash, a day before the biotechnology company was to go public.

Advanced BioHealing’s lead product is Dermagraft, a bio- engineered skin substitute used to treat diabetic foot ulcers, Dublin-based Shire said yesterday in a statement. Advanced BioHealing planned an initial public offering today that would have valued the company at as much as $637.1 million, according to regulatory filings. It was offering 13.4 million shares priced from $14 to $16

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-05-17/shire-s-purchase-of-advanced-biohealing-for-750-million-hits-sweet-spot-.html

GLTA, cheers Bent

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVH (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.