SLX 0.00% $4.55 silex systems limited

nextbigfuture - SILEX laser enrichment

1. 2,554 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 148
    SILEX Laser enrichment 5 times more efficient than best centrifuges!!!

It is estimated 300 square meters of SILEX equipment is capable of producing 32.5kg of 90% HEU annually. This estimate is almost certainly
    generous.

For current Enrichment Technology Company (ETC)-supplied centrifuges to Urenco plants or American Centrifuge Plant (ACP) centrifuges, about 50 kWh/SWU is required. The 12.7 kWh/SWU (or 1.29 kWh/SWU for ten meters SILEX) estimate is low considering that 10.2 μm light must be Raman-shifted, and only 55 percent energy efficiency is claimed in the shift to 16 μm. In addition, the electro-optical efficiency of the TEA CO2 laser is only 15 percent to 26 percent prior to Raman-shifting. These inefficiencies change the energy consumed to 88.8−154 kWh/SWU for one meter and 9.02−15.6 kWh/SWU for ten.

A 5000 SWU SILEX-type plant operating at 10 kWh/SWU would consume as much energy as a grocery store in the United States that was only 100 square meters in size.

With some laser enrichment and cascade designs the SILEX efficiency could be greater than state of the art centrifuges by a factor of 5, and possibly much higher.

http://nextbigfuture.com/2016/06/third-generation-laser-uranium.html

That's it - I'm buying more shares!!

I am... SirKnight.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.