CFU 0.00% 0.4¢ ceramic fuel cells limited

nextgen fuelcells v cfu, page-4

1. 181 Posts.
    Hi DrZaius - you can spend many happy hours trawling through solid oxide fuel cell websites, plenty of info - but a lot of the technical data gives me a headache.

There seem to be a number of materials that can be employed for sofc - Celltech seem to be applying sofc technology for transportable systems for commercial and military uses and not the domestic heat and power that CFU are focussing on.

Ceres Power (based in UK) are one of the main competitors for CFU, CFU are slightly ahead in the race for commercial production. Ceres are tied up with British Gas which gives them an advantage into the UK market, CFU seem to be more focussed in Europe and are testing a NextGen unit in Japan, but Japan is not short of research into sofc tech.

Will this technology be redundant one day? Absolutely - humans can't leave anything alone. I guess the question is how long. Well, I don't see the domestic boiler disappearing from homes in UK/Europe for some time to come. I grew up with central heating in the UK!

I'm not sure that CFU have any specific technological advantage, others will achieve the same efficiency. The advantage is getting into commercial production early, building partnerships with utility providers and keeping them.

Mojo- Recent layoffs of Gledhill are more in response to the downturn in new housing in the UK - mCHP can be fitted to existing systems so hopefully not an issue for the CFU/Gledhill partnership = let us know if you here anything back.

Pixie - I did not make the original connection between milk, cheese and donuts and rfg - donuts and gas sounds like a pretty potent mix!

Enough of this, better get back to work.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CFU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.