NHC 0.00% $4.78 new hope corporation limited

I see views on here that NHC is better managed and less risky...

1. 29 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    I see views on here that NHC is better managed and less risky than WHC.

So let me run an contra-impression and see what you think.

I find NHC's quarterly and annual presentations lacking in detail compared to WHC and CRN and they dont hold a quarterly call for all investors. I get a positive impression and some confidence from WHC & CRN quarterly reports and calls.

I want to do some more analysis on valaution given a range of future coal prices as I consider whether to sell or hold. To get a handle on likely profits quarter by quarter, I reviewed quarterly and annual reports for both NHC and WHC to analyse production and sales volumes, reported pricing and margins and how expansion projects may improve the valuation. NHC has some information on margins which is good, but to make sense of it you have to combine it with coal volumes from quarterly reports to do the analysis. They could make this easy but choose not to or don't bother. You need to spend a lot of time to build a model to analyse what is going on and they dont even let you listed to the quarterly call (see # below). Pretty miffed about that lack of access to the management and to hear the analysts questions and managements answers. I have a lot of respect for SOL and what the team there have done over a long time, so I struggle to square that with what I perceive as sub-optimal treatment of non institutional investors by NHC. If they could improve this, I am sure it would give me more confidence.

Am I off-base here?

# I called NHC to ask when the quarterly call was and was told it is for analysts only. Not cool. Every company I have wanted to hear from has a call until now. I expect more from NHC and I dont think there should be an uninformed market, especially when the printed material is, in my opinion, lacking.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.78
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $4.040B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.80 $4.81 $4.73 $4.813M 1.009M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1743 $4.77

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.78 14211 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.