NIC 0.61% 83.0¢ nickel industries limited

NIC - Chart Thread, page-479

1. 745 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 64
    I believe short position in a company is a it more complex than 5% are against. Because they are borrowed shares, theres still the same 100% for because the person still owns the shares who they have leant out to the shorter.

5% doesnt sound like much, but if you look into the situation for NIC its all relative. I would say its very high, especially because NIC ended up just recently in the top 20 of stocks being shorted out of any Australian company.

Then next thing to look at is days to cover which is sitting at over 20 days. Which mean this is how many days it would take for all shorts to cover their positions which is also high. Plus is also is what can lead to a short squeeze.

I just find this all so interesting, with the little games always being played.

With the CR, there definitely will be a spanner in the works but will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Im loving the announcement and raise, but of course not the dilution. However they pushing the company to being one of the biggest nickel plays in the world and converting more lines to nickel matte.

On a side note, shorters need to pay all dividends back to the owner of the shares.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NIC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
83.0¢
Change
0.005(0.61%)
Mkt cap ! $3.557B
Open High Low Value Volume
82.5¢ 84.5¢ 81.8¢ $1.669M 2.007M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
22 125803 83.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
83.5¢ 144942 33
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.51pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NIC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.