ESS 0.00% 50.0¢ essential metals limited

re: nice activities .. loafer Loafer,Are you basing that...

1. 228 Posts.
    re: nice activities .. loafer Loafer,
    Are you basing that analysis on technicals or other information or speculations.

On a technical basis I guess it could easily do as you say but again I don't get too concerned when this one eases on the charts because of low volume. Today for example was only 16,000 odd traded.

But too give credit where credits due the chart until Thurs last week was almost certainly outperforming the materials sector.

There has been no susbstantial shareholders selling this year and there the ones that count for a bit. same goes for directors.

An example of directors buying would be Kerry Harmanis picking up some JBM on market in May or June of last year at around 3.70 then selling this year near highs.

On the other hand Terry Streeter WSA, FXR and MDS will buy at almost any level it seems but never sells. Although he did sell some JBM in late 2002 rumour has it to fund MDS holdings.

I have noticed with this stock that it normally makes a move when the market depth looks very weak on the buying side. If someone really wanted to buy a decent amount they would certainly have to go up through quite a few price levels and this always seems to be the case.

I very much agree with your risk/reward analysis on PIO and I'm sure few small punters would see the potential value of the stock. Top 20 holders now hold 50% and apparently aren't selling none of our little posse are either.

The only risks I see for my own shareholding is either Nickel totally retracts to below 10,000 US a tonne or I have fallen in love with the stock.

I don't believe I have though I would say I don't think I have been in a stock where I have been as comfortable with the management and their attitude in comparison to this one.

I have many other speculative theories about what may be evolving though to air them publicly could be misconstrued as something else.

Very early this year I tipped JBM, BHP and RMI to hit certain price levels along with PIO. Three have come good and my best play is still coming I hope. I also tipped NEO which hasn't fired and HRR to do better.

Unfortunately I don't get time to trade technically anymore and my technical trading system has become a little less effective due to effects of new floats, IPO's and CFD's. Surely people must realise that companies taking orders for CFD positions have an incredible opportunity to take contrary physical positions. Especially if they are not taking a physical positon in the underlying equity for every cfd position they act as bookmaker for.

In the past year I have developed a very simple trading strategy trading FX and am waiting patiently for my final equity positions to realise their potential before I move mainly into FX. While I believe technical analysis is a safe and profitable way to trade, its best ability I believe is to provide strong sell signals. I am happy to enter any position on my own strategies then watch knowing that at certain points the tech traders will be entering and pushing the stock at least for a day or two.

When the serious buying comes in you get more than a couple of days and away it goes.

In finishing this epic post Loafer I can honestly say I have never meant to post on this or any other stock to manipulate or ramp anything. If I am guilty of anything it is being over enthusiastic at times or commenting on things without sufficient knowledge. I have withdrawn from all positions in the past four months other than the ones I choose to be in totally devoid of influence other than my own research.

Other than PIO and WSA my next position would be either BHP, MDS, NEO, SMY, FXR or MXI for a variety of different reasons.

Hope you enjoyed this post.

Regards Metalhead

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.