ETR 0.00% 0.7¢ entyr limited

nice [email protected], page-44

1. 15,276 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 45
    Malmoe...

I'll respond to your post...

I am amazed to think people would honestly believe people would bother shorting this stock.

This sort of feigned indignant dismissal of what amounts to a very common activity in the market always amuses me. Borrowed, promised, contracted...or simply held shares...sold in the knowledge of a placement kills two birds with one stone;

1. Push price down to set lower CR price and;

2. Realise cash via the sales with which to buy shares back off-market (via a placement) at discounted prices.

Works best when you know what the placement price will be, or is likely to be...and works even better when you have the "support" of the Company and are guaranteed to replace the shares off-market at a price less than your average selling price...whatever that might be

how can you short a stock when there is no volume to short it with.

Are you serious? Look at the volumes that have traded in CTR over in recent period (the entire register in volume)...plenty of volume to facilitate the activity we are discussing.

reality is there is currently no interest in the stock until certainty over ownership and capital raising and low rates are established.

Plenty of interest in the stock, but it was firstly taken advantage off and more recently it has been tempered to help ensure an attractive CR price.

Remove this manufactured impost and watch how much interest rolls in...

who in their right mind would be buying on market when you can participate in the capital raising at a 20% discount.

Well this assumes the "20% discount" is based on current prices...why wouldn't one assume the CR will be based on higher prices...unless of course one was aware of what the CR price is likely to be?

why pay 2 cents on market when you can buy at 1.6 in raising.or a small amount its not a lot but if you were to buy 100/200 k in raising its a substantial amount.

Is this the price? Do you know this? If one didn't know this then 2c would otherwise be seen as a bargain...even those hoping to take stock at 1.6c (assuming you know something we do not?) would agree with this view.

is only logical to sell on market and buy in raising.

Again, assumes a degree of foreknowledge...who would sell on-market at 2c if they knew the raising would be at 3c for example?

good luck with the shorting theory as there is no stock to short.

We finish where we begin...feigned indignant dismissal of what amounts to a very common activity in the market...

Like I said...borrowed, promised, contracted...not all stock that is "shorted" comes from an official list.

In fact I suspect in micro-caps like CTR, the vast majority of "short-sold" stock is never officially recorded.

Cheers!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ETR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.