GDN 0.00% 1.7¢ golden state resources limited

Here's a thought regarding the SP slide this week. Rather than...

1. 514 Posts.
    Here's a thought regarding the SP slide this week. Rather than smart money leaving ahead of negative news, what are the chances of the opposite:

Assume your a big player/broker and you "know" the SP will take off on the back of the upcoming ann. You pull all your orders just as the SP slides on the back of lousy markets in the US this week.

Day Traders start to pull out because the depth is looking a bit skinny.

SP falls a bit more and hits stops. SP falls a bit further.

Speculation on HC drives up negative sentiment. Meanwhile nervous investors start to place sell orders but the buyers appear to have dried up. Bugger all market depth on the buy side makes the nervous even more so. They decide to put in a sell order around the current market price fearing the SP is going to plummet.

Big player/broker jumps back in just before the ann. and cleans up shares at a bargain price before the ann.

Positive announcement comes out. SP takes off. Big player/broker has cleaned up because they have picked up shares at a considerable discount to the SP at the start of the week.

Not exactly a pump and dump I guess, but if you're into the theory that some players have inside knowledge, I wonder if this is feasable?

I have absolutely no knowledge that this is, or could be going on. This is not advice in any way shape or form. As with all investments DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GDN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.