OFX 2.26% $2.16 ofx group limited

Nice Chart !, page-94

1. 1,375 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Clutch, dubspec, Stweeve, etc. Nice debate, but clearly some here need to brush up on financial analysis (not that I'm an expert, just regular user of financials who observes basic errors in some arguments). A couple of observations:

PEG -- yes, should be near or below 1. Actually, PEG for OFX is almost 1 when you use the full consensus (from Thomson/Reuters -- never Morningstar's limited set). EPS consensus (5 brokers) estimated growth for FY15, FY16, FY17 averages 21% (NOT 14%). Company noted in Nov14 that its metrics almost uniformly exceeded 25% from PCP.
    But PEG is too simplistic because P/E is also driven by ROE and associated strong cash flow, falling per cost unit with higher revenue, defensiveness/stability of income, etc. As stated by others, OFX has superb ROE and high leverage cash flow to growth (i.e. costs fall considerably with revenue increases). It's rather like CRZ (car sales web site) -- increased transactions produce minimal cost increases.
    Also, some of my best performing stocks (TCL, PGH, APA, SHL, etc) have PEGs ranging from 2.2 to above 10 because of their defensive value. (OFX isn't defensive, but could eventually have somewhat bank-like stability...maybe).

Book value -- OFX isn't a factory. It's assets are low relative to potential and realised income. Its business model is closer to CRZ than to BKN. (Actually, FY15 and FY16 P/B values are currently 12.1 and 10.3, respectively (almost identical to CRZ, coincidentally, whereas BKN's P/B values hover just below 1.0).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OFX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.