SDV 3.13% 49.5¢ scidev ltd

Hi Just Browsing.Like you I hope something is announced soon;...

1. 742 Posts.
    Hi Just Browsing.

Like you I hope something is announced soon; even very soon.

While we wait however another two zinc mines are in the process of going onto Care and Maintenance. Such news gives hope for a revival in base metal prices when the plant gets built.

TORONTO, ONTARIO, Oct 28, 2008 Breakwater has determined that it will temporarily suspend operations at both the Langlois mine in Quebec, Canada and the Myra Falls mine in British Columbia, Canada.
    This decision is precipitated by the decline in commodity prices and the general deterioration of the short-term economic outlook globally, which have mitigated the overall operational improvements in production and costs at both mines. This action enables the Company to retain valuable zinc assets that we will mine in the future when the zinc market returns to levels that more accurately reflect underlying supply and demand fundamentals.
    Temporary layoffs and the reduction in workforces at both operations will proceed over the next days and weeks with certain mining and milling activities continuing in the interim.
    The Company will continue to closely monitor economic and market conditions and will take appropriate actions in the best interest of the Company, its employees and its shareholders.
    Breakwater is a mining, exploration and development company which produces and sells zinc, copper, lead and gold concentrates to customers around the world. Once production at Langlois and Myra Falls temporarily ceases, the Company's concentrate production will be derived from two mines in Chile and in Honduras.

The two mines produced apoximately 57000 tonnes of zinc metal in 2007.

Cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
49.5¢
Change
0.015(3.13%)
Mkt cap ! $93.95M
Open High Low Value Volume
48.0¢ 51.0¢ 48.0¢ $154.9K 312.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4081 49.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
51.0¢ 98700 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SDV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.