RDF 0.00% 95.8¢ redflex holdings limited

re: new com's contract maybe there is something else to consider...

1. 688 Posts.
    re: new com's contract maybe there is something else to consider here and that is the quality of the Comms division management.
    Even if you were being charitable you would have to say
    it has been pretty absymal.

Year after year profitability of the division is promised only to turn into red ink when the actual figures are released. I don't think it matters if a contract is for $1million or $100 million, without hard headed, qualified,
    executives with extensive experience in this demanding field the results will never match the promise of this division.

From what I have seen the executives are very able technically but as technocrats they lack the all round international management skills and qualifications needed to wring good profits out of any contract.

The old saying comes to mind, good management with a so so widget will most times outperform poor management with an excellent widget.

You only have to look at the track record of the Traffic division, a few years ago they had great technology and terrible management and the whole company almost went under. Then they got top management in the form of B Higgins as CEO very ably supported by some excellent offsiders and that excellent management combined with excellent technology has now turned the division into a world leader. Maybe those guys could do the same job with Comms but I think they have plenty enough work just with traffic for many years to come.

No my vote is to sell it or preferably spin it off.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RDF (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.