MPO 0.00% 14.0¢ molopo energy limited

nice finish, page-15

1. 17,271 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 479
    Russell, Love your input. I am no chartist but I am facinated by the black arts that you guys perform. So please don't take it personally when I argue against you.

But another point worth bringing up is the future of energy prices. I just scanned through an article on the oilgas thread that suggests oil will be $100/b by the end of the northern hemisphere summer. I hope not as that would send the world into recession and crush everything including the demand for oil and the price of energy stocks. But if, as the article suggests, the trend continues to be upwards then this will do no harm to MPO's prospects.

Traditionally oil is cheaper this time of year as there is not the demand for heating in the north that there is in December. And yet in January oil was closer to $50/b and now it is closer to $70/b. What is going to happen to the price as the year drags on. As we here in the south head for the beach in December and the people of the north start to turn on the heat we may see even higher energy prices. If the trend of the last 6 months was to continue for the next 6 months we could be heading towards $90/b by xmas. What do ya reckon that may do to the price of energy stocks in general.

Smart money knows this I guess, which is another reason why this year the gas sector is running so hot.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MPO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.