AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

Speaking of which Paolo...I would like to clear the air as to my...

1. 634 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    Speaking of which Paolo...I would like to clear the air as to my interests in this company while we are speaking of a 52 week range. I have been assailed over the past 6 months or so because of my negative commentary on the company. Let me set the record straight for the new year. Myself.....my family...and a group of investment friends who total around a 100 people in all, decided in 2014 to start buying Orocobre stock because we believed in the lithium story, and Orocobre seemed like a natural under the conditions.

As it turned out the group paid between $2.40 US (3.35 AUD) at the high end...down to $1.00 US (1.40 AUD) on the low end over this period of about 3 years. For the most part everyone was content with the drawn out opening of the plant in Argentina (not thrilled...but content). What seemed to have happened over the past year or so was that people started to feel that the technical aspects of construction were either underestimated (in cost & time) or the additional costs and time delays didn't affect management as much as shareholders. This 'perceived' arrogance of shareholder investment by management was taken as a slight by our investment group. Either way...it turned out that quite a few people soured with the Orocobre management. I listened to a lot of bitching and moaning and finger pointing over this period because I was primary in getting these people to invest in Orocobre. Well...as you all have seen I have been rather venomous about the delays and perceived dilution through capital raises. Just consider this.....I was taking out the frustration of close to 100 people who were invested, but had more or less pledged to allow a couple of people to do the direct communications with the company as well as the venting and postings about the company on public forums. So when you direct your hate filled messages towards me....just remember; if our group didn't have an agreement to channel their dissatisfaction and frustration through me and another person....you could have had more than 30-40 people attacking this stock over the past year in this forum, and others. So in that sense you should respect the fact that in spite of my negative comments over this time, the group as a whole has a vested interest in the success of Orocobre, and was restrained in its animosity. Let's hope that management has learned something from this protracted 'ramp up' and will be very thoughtful and 'honest' with investors about all new financing and obligations going forward. We wish the best for the company in the new year...and the future of lithium for our grandchildren's sake....

Merry Christmas....Happy Hanukkah.....Happy Holidays to all...including the the most vocal of the hate filled mob....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.