ADO 4.55% 2.1¢ anteotech ltd

https://www.internationalbatteryseminar.com/battery-safety#Day1...

1. 81 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 181

https://www.internationalbatteryseminar.com/battery-safety#Day1

ROUNDTABLE 2: The Future Direction of the Binder Market in the Wake of the Silicon Anode

Manuel Wieser, Head, Energy, AnteoTech

• Silicon anode active material market is set to quadruple from 2020 to 2021

• Performance requirements for anode binders are changing rapidly (considering low to high silicon content anode designs)

• Binder material evolution: SBR functionalization, vs. PAA derivatization vs. return to organic solvent-based binders?

• Surface chemistry challenge: Various silicon anode systems with different surface properties (SiOx, micro-silicon, silicon-carbon composites,…)

• Greater diversification in future binder market or is one-size fits it all possible?

From last years seminar (July 2020)

https://internationalbattery.pathable.co/meetings/LhMqNy6LegkhL3cmH#/?limit=10&sortByFields[0]=createdAt&sortByOrders[0]=-1&uid=bKxvKpA6j3hWHz3wR

Weimin Wang

Sila Nanotechnologies Inc

Scientist

7 months ago

CLA questions

Hi Manuel, I have a few questions about CLA.

1. After adding CLA is the slurry stable at room temperature?

2. What is the drying temperature and time requirement for CLA?

3. Do you provide samples?

Thanks

Manuel Wieser

7 months ago

Hi Weimin,

Thanks for your interest and your questions. Also my apologies for the lack of online presence but the the time difference to the US is quite challenging from Australia.

Let me start by saying that our CLA compounds are still in the development phase. We are very encouraged about the level of interest we have received from Asian markets and more recently from Europe and the US.

To answer your questions:

1. Currently the slurries are stable for a limited time depending on the slurry composition, binder content, binder type, CLA type and binder to CLA ratio. We have developed techniques to delay the onset of the cross-linking process. We are currently investing time to gain a better understanding of the interaction of our CLA compounds with various binders available in the market place and to further control the cross-linking behavior.

2. The CLA compounds are water-based and we are working on water-based slurries. The drying temperature that we use to dry our electrodes is in between 110-120 degrees Celsius. So nothing out of the ordinary.

3. Yes we do provide samples although at this point this is done under MTA/NDA . We tend to work closely with our partners to try to understand what type of anode system and binder system is used to be able to give some recommendations on CLA and binder compatibility.

Sarika Kelkar

KPIT Technologies Ltd

Senior Systems Lead

CLA

1.Do you provide samples of the mentioned CLAs?

2.Typically what should be binder to CLA ratio?

3.We are using NaPAA binder. Is your CLA compatible with NaPAA?

4. On SLide 5 what is % of Si in Graphite/Si composite?

Manuel Wieser

7 months ago

Hello Sarika,

Thanks for your interest and your questions. Also my apologies for the lack of online presence but the the time difference to the US is quite challenging from Australia.

Let me start by saying that our CLA compounds are still in the development phase. We are very encouraged about the level of interest we have received from Asian markets and more recently from Europe and the US.

To answer your questions:

1. Yes we do provide samples although at this point this is done under MTA/NDA . We tend to work closely with our partners to try to understand what type of anode system and binder system is used. Which brings me to point two.

2. The amount of CLA depends on the type of binder and the amount of binder that is used in a given electrode configuration. The details of this process I believe are better shared in an actual conversation.

3. We have completed most of our screening work on LiPAA but we do not see any compatibility issues with NaPAA.

4. We have created silicon composites with a silicon content ranging from 25-50%. This one contains 25% silicon and is one of our generation 1 composites. We have since progressed our silicon program and will soon be able to provide generation 2 samples for evaluation.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.1¢
Change
-0.001(4.55%)
Mkt cap ! $54.30M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.3¢ 2.3¢ 2.1¢ $256.5K 11.55M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
25 7239585 2.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.1¢ 702270 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.29pm 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ADO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.