GMM 0.00% 65.5¢ general mining corporation limited

nice start to the week-

1. 1,392 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 47
    Only early days but nice to see some buyers stepping up to the plate and buying in, no matter how small the volume may be. It might be up only on the smallest of volumes going through, but dont forget that it did go down exactly the same way- on small volume. Its obviously to be expected as we have mentioned beforehand that of our 49 Million odd shares currently quoted on the ASX, our top 20 tightly hold approx 40%- leaving very little liquid fpo's on the open market to be traded - take away the shares us long termers here are holding onto without a for sale sign on them yet and that equates to even less once the real excitement begins -

Global markets continue to suffer on the back of the Greece Debt Disaster- and going on news from the BBC channel last night, it seems like there is still a long way to go before things get any better there. Without wearing red stain coloured glasses the fact remains that we are still a speculative company, exploring vast tenements which cost money that must be very well managed to avoid excessive cash burn but with that said, Its comforting to know that we are in key commodities that no matter how bad the credit markets may get in the forseeable future-people still need to eat and if we can establish an economic potash deposit at our UVS project, the shareprice of GMM only has one way to go :-)

End of the day, behind closed doors, work still continues on due diligence for projects within Mongolia and Kazakstan and Im sure that Boris will inform the market in due course once all information has been completed and the market will re-rate according to the asset or assets we will acquire to our portfolio. The basic fact is, that this company is compelling value at a market cap of below $10 million and with very little shares available on market to be puchased once positive announcements start to flow. Its compelling that we have world class exploration targets and the market continues to overlook the bluesky potential of this mining company with so much promise -

FYI- As a fellow poster alerted me to the fact previously, many people continue to see our UVS Potash Project as the major catalyst for a re-rating on GMM with the way the world has gone crazy over potash stocks ever since BHP's failed takeover bid for Canadian Owned Potash Corp- But research research research at your own leisure the compelling exploration ground we also hold on another two world class exploration tenements which I believe could earmark the coming of age for GMM once drilling plans are mentioned regarding

1) Field work on 5 Khangai Fault Licence Projects we hold in Mongolia (over 1,800 km2) where previous work has already identified significant copper and nickel mineralisation. Not to mention its proximity to Mongolia's single largest mine the Erdenet deposit which has been in operation since 1978, and at present has a production capacity of approximately 20 million metric tons of ore annually, which yields approximately 354,000 metric tons of copper concentrate and 3,500 tons of molybdenum concentrate each year.

2) Exploration ground we hold in world class exploration belts for Olympic Dam Style IOCG Deposits - Including -

a)Eyre,Australia Base Metals,Rare Earths,Uranium,GMM 100%)
    b)Veevers, Australia -Base Metals, GMM 100%)
    c)Webb, Australia ( Base Metals, GMM 100%)

(On this note I must say I am somewhat dissapointed that no information was provided on these company making prospects in GMM'S Mines and Money Presentation held in Hong Kong earlier this year in March as I feel the potential of the area is ever increasing with more explorers establishing ecomonic deposits to be mined )

(further information: http://www.generalmining.com)

Concluding this post,GMM have been condemmed recently for lacking the Public Relations Skills to get GMM on the watchlists of new investors with a lack of meaningful and consistent announcements helping the shareprice to slowly slide on top of global mattters. As a longterm holder, I would EXPECT the board to be at the Mining Conference which I have detailed below as from their website, Its exactly what GMM needs to start gaining some more credible investors on board and a necessary networking ground to speak to the majors in Mongolia and surrounding Central Asian countries . Gone through the program tirelessly and haven't seen any mention that we will be presenting, but it certainly sounds like a no-brainer that its a must attend event for our board at GMM -

Central Asia Mining Congress 2011
    Event Type: Conference
    Event Venue: Rixos Almaty Hotel, Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Dates: 20.Jun.2011 to 23.Jun.2011 (STARTED TODAY)

Obtained from the provided link below ;
    The 4th Annual Central Asia Mining Congress will convene the CEOs of global and regional miners and investors who are on the hunt for potential projects to invest in the Central Asian region.Its a great opportunity to meet high calibre professionals from leading mining companies that you normally wouldn?t see anywhere else

http://www.terrapinn.com/2011/central-asia-mining/the-big-idea.stm

Must say that after getting the brochure emailed to me, the event sounds like an event that would be remarkable to attend even from an investors perspective. If you have the time, I suggest downloading the brochure to see the calibre of speakers at the conference and the indepth subjects discussed by various speakers. Absolutly a must attend event for GMM I.M.O.

to buy or not to buy?
    to sell or not sell?
    to hold or not to hold?
    to average down or not to average down?
    to believe or not to believe?

the decision is your, but in no way am i putting the "for sale" sign up on my shares for some time yet- even if we go up 100% in the short term. the potential is just to big-

when we finally unearth our portential, the image below will be a reflection im sure of investors wanting in at all costs - no advice intended just information as always -

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GMM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.