FAR 0.00% 50.0¢ far limited

Nice Volume Today, page-12

1. 3,880 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 758
    cujo -

It's an interesting question as to whether each holding can be lent out to shorters, or not. Last time I looked, the FAR shares I have bought through an online broker and held in chess may not be lent out without my permission. And I will never give it.

On the other hand, FAR shares that I have bought via a "member direct" function of a public super fund are not in my control. They may be lent out without my permission, with the intention of earning a fee for the loan, where the fee doesn't accrue to my account.

Moreover, I don't even get to vote these shares on AGM or other General meeting motions, for example on board elections, renumeration reports, performance rights etc. I can only vote them where a motion affects my ownership of those shares in some way. For example, a share consolidation, rights issue or a takeover. In the meantime, I am free to sell them, buy more and receive any dividends or proceeds of sale.

It becomes easier to see who could be lending FAR shares for shorting and that maybe the same ones are voting for management benefits.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
50.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $46.20M
Open High Low Value Volume
50.0¢ 50.0¢ 50.0¢ $2.305K 4.609K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 17688 50.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
50.5¢ 88712 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.