nice write up on gold strike, page-5

1. 55,509 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1014
    This miner ticks quite a few boxes

close to Melbourne
    low extraction costs
    high yield
    low production set up costs

and with POG on the way north - could have a nice little divvie in the near future - now add to this the potential of a landfill site:

Advantages of a Landfill Site at the Nagambie Mine
    The advantages include the following:

? The Nagambie Mine is only 120 km north east of the Melbourne CBD;
    ? The Western Ring Road, the Hume Freeway and the newly upgraded Goulburn Valley
    Freeway provide high speed connection to within several km of the Mine, the great majority
    of the travel being at 110 km/hour maximum;
    ? From the Nagambie turnoff to the south of Nagambie, the Nagambie Bypass means that
    trucks can access the Mine on Zanelli Road without entering the Nagambie township;
    NAGAMBIE MINING LIMITED
    Page 8
    September 2013 Quarterly Report – 29 October 2013
    Landfill site looking east (closer in)
    ? The local access roads are all good bitumen roads, up to 100 km/hour maximum, maintained
    by the Strathbogie Shire;
    ? The excellent road access out of Melbourne allows three round trips per day and the use of
    larger, more efficient truck configurations such as B-doubles;
    ? The Strathbogie Shire is supportive, in principle, of the proposed landfill site, dependent on
    all relevant authorities giving approval. The new business would be a good fit within the
    Zanelli Road industrial area which includes various chicken farms, the Costa mushroom
    mulching operation, the Nagambie sewerage farm and the various activities at the Nagambie
    Mine;
    ? There are no nearby residences and the landfill site will not be visible at any stage from
    Zanelli Road;
    ? Mining and treatment operations at the Nagambie Mine were conducted in the 1990s, so the
    mine site generally is significantly degraded. All else being equal, a degraded site is clearly
    preferable to a non-degraded site for landfill purposes from an environmental point of view.
    ? The Mine has excellent existing infrastructure including:
    ? bitumen road access to the Mine gate;
    ? security fencing and gating;
    ? good internal gravel haul roads;
    ? office buildings;
    ? potable water supply;
    ? toilet facilities;
    ? three-phase grid power; and
    ? telephone and internet services.
    ? The first landfill site selected by the Company, as with the general Mine area, has metres of
    impermeable clay from surface. This clay prevents any possible groundwater contamination;
    ? The first landfill site is also approximately 15 metres above the groundwater table, well above
    the minimum 2 metres preferred by the EPA;
    ? Nagambie Mining regularly monitors groundwater quality via a series of boreholes as part of
    the Mining Licence conditions: these historical data provide an excellent baseline reference
    of the groundwater quality and monitoring will be ongoing during the life of any landfill
    operation;
    NAGAMBIE MINING LIMITED
    Page 9
    September 2013 Quarterly Report – 29 October 2013
    Impermeable surface clay that naturally lines the site
    ? The Mines Department have indicated that they would excise any approved landfill site from
    the Mining Licence (MIN 5412), given that the EPA would monitor the landfill operation;
    ? The Company’s landfill design for the first site uses the existing topography such that the
    expanding landfill surface would be progressively capped, topsoiled and seeded. Hence the
    only un-rehabilitated portion of the landfill cell at any time would be the current working face;
    ? The site requires minimal preparation. The largest capital cost will be for a purpose-built,
    state-of-the-art weighbridge and CCTV camera coverage; and
    ? A landfill site at the Nagambie Mine would help reduce the increasing pressure on landfill
    capacity in the Melbourne metropolitan area.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NAG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.2¢
Change
0.003(33.3%)
Mkt cap ! $9.559M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.0¢ 1.3¢ 0.9¢ $157.6K 14.32M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 100000 1.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.2¢ 185000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NAG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.