LYC 0.00% $6.74 lynas rare earths limited

The point I was trying to make is not about differentiating...

1. 40 Posts.
    The point I was trying to make is not about differentiating Malaysia Chinese and China Chinese, but to against the conspiracy theory that China is behind all the drama happening in Malaysia. First of all China for years has been trying to stockpile all the resources they could get. China is into a big buying mode to acquire everything of value from foreign countries using their excessive US$ reserve. Even average joe like hot coppers know US$ is going to devalue in long term if they keep doing QEs, let alone the Chinese Government. China is not into the business selling natural resources, unlike Australia, it's not going to provide long term sustainable economic growth and enough jobs for a gigantic economy with almost 1.5 billion population. In addition, REEs is viewed in China as strategic resources and there is often internal opinions that it should not be allowed to commercially traded in the international market. The late DENG XIAOPING once said "Middle east is lucky to have oil, but China is luckier to have rare earth" back in the early 80s. That highlighted the importance of REEs in the mind of China's leadership. But back then China was desperate for foreign investments and foreign currency reserve, so they did everything they could to make more money, this includes selling REEs at ridiculously low prices. Now things have changed and China is trying to climb up the food chain in the world market to be in those high value added businesses. The current government started implementing export quota which is the first step towards a more innovative sustainable environmental friendly economy model.
    So does China want to kill the competition? My answer is NO, The truth is China doesn't even want to be part of that competition. China doesn't want to sell REEs at all. In fact I suspect if possible, China will buy from overseas suppliers.
    Last but not least, don't call Chinese evil because the stockpiling of natural resources, the Japanese has been doing it for decades :-)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.74
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.300B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.72 $6.80 $6.66 $14.09M 2.093M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 7791 $6.73

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.75 13142 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.