AMD 0.00% 0.3¢ arrow minerals ltd

Nickel demand, page-49

1. 12 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    My first post, hope it is of some help to someone.

SEG are air core drilling through the cover sequence (weathered or transported rock/soil/sand etc), to basically get to fresh rock (not oxidised or transported), so they can look for indicator chemicals that might suggest there is a potential nickel sulphide deposit below. This is much the same as surface soil or rock chip sampling, just a lot more expensive and a far stretch from finding a deposit that is profitable to mine. There are many months ahead before even a discovery leads to an economic ore reserve that could put SEG on the map. But nevertheless, Sirius Resources found anomalous Nickel values in their air core drilling at Nova/Bollinger so it will be interesting to see the results from SEG's air core program.

An interesting thing about Sirius Resources is that legendary prospector Mark Creasy's , own personal business manager (Stephen Lowe), was Chairman of Sirius when Nova was discovered. (Mark Creasy was a substantial shareholder of SIR (30%) at the time). Sirius have since bought out Mark Creasy’s shareholding for a lot more money than you or I will ever see. Stephen Lowe has also since resigned from Sirius and is now a director of Windward Resources, ASX: WIN, and guess what, Mark Creasy is also a substantial shareholder of WIN (31%). WIN are currently diamond drilling an EM conductor below a 20 x background, nickel soil anomaly. DYOR but this looks more promising and much further advanced than SEG's prospects at this point in time. Do not be fooled by the share price, it is the market cap that counts when discoveries are reflected in share price multiples. Please note that just because Mark Creasy is a shareholder does not guarantee success but WIN have a bit of cash in the bank and some very interesting Fraser Range tenements including one within 2 kms of the Nova/Bollinger discovery. WINs market cap is very comparable to SEGs as well. Results from the diamond drill holes at WIN’s Kendenup prospect are expected to be released mid September, keep a watch on price and volume leading up to this announcement as these could be an indicator of discovery success or otherwise.

And, as for Nickel West being part of BHP's proposed "NewCo" demerger, read BHP's “Unlocking Shareholder Value” presentation to the market Tuesday 19/8/2014, Nickel West is not included in the Demerged entity and the report states that Nickel West in under review along with some other fringe/underperforming assets.
    DYOR

Billybudd.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $26.34M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.3¢ $14.37K 5.518M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
135 265364732 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 21595402 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.55am 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AMD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.