SMY sally malay mining limited

re: thx halted - smy ready for take-off This from a recent...

1. 708 Posts.
    re: thx halted - smy ready for take-off This from a recent announcement by THX:

"Under the terms of the joint venture, Sally Malay has the right to earn 60% interest in the tenement by completing a bankable feasibility study on mining the resource and processing it through the Sally Malay plant. The Copernicus prospect has a near surface Indicated Resource of 220,000 tonnes at a grade of 1.5% nickel and 0.8% copper using a 1% nickel cut-off grade. Copernicus is located only 35 kilometres from the Sally Malay nickel-copper mine and could become a
    significant source of open cut feed for the plant.

During the coming months Sally Malay plans to conduct further geophysical surveys and drilling on the
    Copernicus tenement while Thundelarra continues with its assessment of other nickel-copper targets
    on its own 3000 square kilometre tenement holding in the East Kimberley."

Trading Halt:
    Could be just a capital raising. Or it could be that drilling by SMY at Copernicus has made more progress. Can't see the grades being much higher than the present 1.5% - 2% Ni. Or it could be that THX has uncovered something else on their tenement.

I hold SMY.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SMY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.