WSA 0.00% $3.86 western areas limited

nickel miners exempt from rspt?, page-7

1. 11,125 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 632
    Bring back the good ole days of WSA at $12/share with reasonable hopes of it going over $20, the next JBM. Streeter was buying WSA at $8 and even $10/share, only later to be selling them for around $4. Must have got caught out with a margin loan and found he could not rely on WSA dividends to pay the interest on his loan (my assumption).

Them were the days. Where they ever real - they seem so far away and now seem to be out of reach for many years.

It will be unfortunate for WSA to be selling its Ni cheaply while producing at 20,000 tonnes per annum - in essence running down its asset to meet commitments. At least it should survive if there is a depression.

Worldwide there are oceans of debt to overwhelm everything (about $US220 trillion), while the rates on US treasuries are signalling future economic contraction and deflation. Watch the credit market smoke signals for hints.

US markets look real sick with the prospect of a double dip recession and constraints on further govt options. Europe/UK about to poop itself further in so many ways. Japan's debt burden and aging population - they are increasingly relying on cheap labour in China and other places (eg Thailand where Honda has factories) - keeping them in an eternal zombie state. Will China's property market also pop and slow the inflow of commodities while its trade is disrupted because of its imbalanced economic growth strategy? The world economic show goes on - watch it unfold in its myriad ways and hopefully avoid being one of its victims.

Where to hide if you want to be invested? Ni? Not me. I am still a goldbug. But bugs can be crushed.

loki (ranting about nothing much due to a lack of sleep - been watching too many ordinary soccer games which all just merge into one long kickball session)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WSA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.