PLS 0.82% $3.09 pilbara minerals limited

Nickel to replace lithium for electric cars, page-26

1. 1,104 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1056
    Well this post had me laughing, but in the end it's good to explain what makes a Li Battery for those looking to invest but not enough time to research.

NMC111 is being replaced more and more by NMC622 which in turn is being replaced more and more by NMC811 because they offer a higher capacity. The letters really define the Cathode only. Nickel % is increasing (thus my other investments), The expensive components in the battery Cathode are decreasing eg the cobolt making batteries cheaper too.

All the above contain a similar mount of Lithium used both in the cathode 'and' electrolyte, because it's the lightest metal and an extremely good conductor of electrons. NCA batteries also use a similar amount of Lithium. Lithium Hydroxide (cheaper to make from Hardrock Li Spod) is also the preferred chemical for the NMC batteries which is great for PLS.

Anodes use graphite and some are adding silicon as well.

While on the topic of future battery trends try reading any of the solid state Battery patents and look at the increased amount of Lithium, eg looking to make cathodes out of Lithium Metal too (many years away from economic mass production but gives an idea of the direction)

In looking at trends have a think too what the EV car bodies are being made out of more and more, lighter Aluminum. They also use approximately 3 times more copper.

Have fun investing in the coming EV revolution, my main Li pick is PLS with its large resource, its large stage 1 plant in rampup and POSCO downstream JV, among other Battery and EV metals.

All IMO DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.09
Change
0.025(0.82%)
Mkt cap ! $9.346B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.08 $3.11 $3.03 $33.75M 10.97M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
33 167083 $3.08

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.09 199274 52
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.58pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.