PLS 1.16% $2.99 pilbara minerals limited

Nickel to replace lithium for electric cars, page-8

1. 1,998 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 451
    NCM811 does not mean no Lithium mate
    The battery contains Nickel Cobalt and Manganese in the ratio of 8:1:1
    The rest of the battery is Lithium.

I can see where you were confused as all the articles state that NCM811 is the go to formula and always fail to mention that Lithium is the other half of the battery and I might add Hydroxide will be King
    ________
    This from * May 31st 2019
    https://unauthorised investment adv...-seat-as-battery-makers-move-towards-nmc-811/

Lithium hydroxide producers in the box seat as battery makers move towards NMC-811
    Furthermore, battery manufacturers are rapidly evolving towards nickel-rich NCM 811 batteries (80 per cent nickel, 10 per cent cobalt and 10 per cent manganese) because they have longer lifespans and allow EVs to go further on a single charge.
    These higher nickel content cathodes that are used in lithium-ion batteries require hydroxide, says Infinity managing director Ryan Parkin.
    “It’s a much more relevant product for an end market with the highest growth prospects highly aligned to EV production,” he told *.
    “Growth forecasts predict global LCE (lithium carbonate equivalent) demand growing eight-fold by 2030.
    “The global demand for lithium hydroxide is projected to exceed the demand for lithium carbonate, which has traditionally been used in cathodes for EVs, by 2024.”
    ______

I thought this Carbonate versus Hydroxide graph was interesting and Hard Rock producers are in the box seat in the future.
    King Hydroxide.jpg

Nobody mentions Lithium because it cannot be replaced efficiently and all the new battery factories are configuring for one chemistry mix or another. Follow the money being spent and find out why.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.99
Change
-0.035(1.16%)
Mkt cap ! $8.985B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.02 $3.04 $2.98 $24.44M 8.101M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
91 561477 $2.98

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.99 89368 37
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.04pm 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.