MRE 0.00% 87.0¢ metrics real estate multi-strategy fund

nickel up aud down, page-188

1. 408 Posts.
    Every time a share price drops all you hear now is "Shorters are targeting it." This is the biggest load of bs!!
    It's a cop out and it is a whinge and it's a poor excuse for a company performing badly. Going on commentary in hc, it would seem shorters are targeting every stock on the ASX when it has a down day.
    Shorting is no different to going long. Hedge funds dont just short for the hell of it. They need reasons, strategy and all the rest of it. Rarely, if ever will they just blind short something down. Obviously there have been some examples of late where this has been the case and they have targeted a certain price so the company will breach debt covenants, but these are rare examples.
    You can blame the shorters for MRE's weakness all you like but, in the stock market, the most obvious reasons are normally the right ones. The nickel price has been SMASHED and MRE's mine may not be feasible at the current price. Without a feasible mine, the company has no value. That is why the share price has been hammered.
    Im sure some punters are short, but shorting alone is not responsible for the 70%+ fall in the share price. In fact I would say it isnt even close to being the biggest factor.

As for your whole global warming argument, this planet has had ice ages and the polar ice caps have melted thousands of times in the past and long before man even walked the earth. While humans may not be helping things, the earth has been through rapid climate changers all before and if it wants to do it again, it will. Regardless of what we try and do to prevent it. All we might be doing is prolonging the inevitable.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MRE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.