AUZ 0.00% 0.8¢ australian mines limited

nickel up gold down, page-4

1. 1,028 Posts.
    It's very hard to compare the two companies. RPT is playing for uranium and is purely an exploration company and AUZ is a nickel and maybe mid term, a gold player too. AUZ has an operating mine, namely Blair Nickel mine near Kambalda.

AUZ has not had a good track record as a producing mining company financially over the past 18 months or so and unfortunately there has also been a lot of day traders playing with the stock. AUZ have formed a significant relationship with Pioneer as a JV and this along with the gold on their leases and now the massive sulphide intercept could, IMO see this stock head back towards the 10c mark given the correct market conditions and the fact they actually start to make money rather than lose it.

On the other hand, RPT do not generate any income. They have areas containing potentially economic uranium however, there is a BIG BUT, there needs to a change in the current mentality of the government to allow new uranium mines to open in Australia. If they don't then RPT and all the other speccy exploration companies chasing the buzz word comodity namely "U" are waasting their time. I personally think it's only a matter of time before we (Australia) see the exploitation of uranium either for use within Australia or as an export.

My prediction:

AUZ short - med term a BUY this year could see a 2 - 4 bagger

RPT med - long term - keep an eye and wait for the right time which I don't think will be within the next 6 to 12 months

It will really depend on what you entering for. AUZ is a very frustrating stock to watch and hold but I believe it is strengthening. It just needs a few more good exploration announcements and and to start making money.

Although RPT also have the African interest, it really isn't a huge income earner (at this stage).

I think both have their merits but short term speccy - AUZ

All the above is in my opinion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AUZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $11.18M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.8¢ 0.8¢ 0.7¢ $2.197K 299.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
34 14814624 0.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.8¢ 1366647 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AUZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.